Planning complaints

Report a breach of planning control

The Council will investigate and resolve any breaches of planning control; this is known as planning enforcement.

You can complain by reporting breaches of planning control control such as development taking place without planning permission or properties being used for business or other uses without permission.

Find out more about types of breaches

Make a complaint

All complaints reported are treated as confidential.

What happens next

When we receive your complaint we will:

  • contact you in writing or by email. This will include the investigating officer details
  • visit the site to establish whether or not there has been a breach
  • update you of progress during and at the end of investigations.