This historic 5.45 acres of land is situated off Bolton Road next to Hope Mill and is close to Darwen town centre.
The park is surrounded by mills including Hope Mill erected in 1856. Local mill owners donated the park to the local community in 1984.
- The reservoirs were drained to create green space and naturalised woodland.
- The River Darwen flows around the park and is used as an overflow for the surviving mill pond.
- The original cobbled streets (Eccles Row) and steps still surround the west side of the park.
- The woodland and lake (with island) is home to many different species of wildlife including mallards, geese, herons and rabbits.
- There is also a children's play area within the park.
0.5 miles from Darwen town centre, on the A666 heading towards Bolton
- Bus and train timetable information
- nearest railway station is Darwen, 0.5 miles
Access: From Bolton Road behind Mayfield flats.