Blackburn with Darwen Local Plan
8th January - 19th February 2021
A six-week public consultation on the Draft Local Plan will take place between Friday 8th January 2021 and Friday 19th February 2021.
This is the time to have your say on the emerging plans.
Please see below for all relevant information relating to the Draft Local Plan consultation.
Local Plan consultation video
- Current consultation documents
You can review the Draft Local Plan document and associated consultation material below:
- Proposed policies map
The Policies Map identifies the areas for ‘Growth’, ‘Renewal’ and ‘Protection’ as set out in the Draft Local Plan document.
- Have your say
A series of questions are raised throughout the Draft Local Plan document which are also set out in an online survey which can be accessed below (a short Resident’s Survey and longer technical survey are both available).
The Council will use the survey tool to manage all the responses received. We therefore strongly encourage you to use this online method to submit any responses to the Local Plan.
Alternatively however you may also:
- Email comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Post comments to: Growth Team, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Third Floor, One Cathedral Square, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 1FB.
Please note that any comments you make will be available for public inspection, including your name. Comments with no name and address will be treated as anonymous, and cannot be accepted. If you have any concerns regarding the use of your personal information, further details of how the Council uses your data can be found on the Council’s website: Privacy notice: Strategic Planning Consultations.
If you don’t wish to make any formal comments to the Consultation Draft Local Plan but would still like to be kept informed of future stages of consultation you can register your contact details with the Council using any of the communication options set out above.
- Evidence base documents
The Draft Local Plan has been informed by a number of evidence base documents which are all available to view and comment on as part of this consultation. They can be accessed below:
- Climate Change and Natural Capital Study
- Climate Change and Natural Capital Study Appendices A - E
- Climate Change and Natural Capital Study Appendix F
- Climate Change and Natural Capital Study Appendices G
- Climate Change and Natural Capital Study Appendix H
- Climate Change and Natural Capital Study Appendix I
- Climate Change and Natural Capital Study Appendix J
- Climate Change and Natural Capital Study Appendix K
- Ecological Asset Desktop Appraisals
- Employment Land Review
- Green Belt Assessment
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment
- Gypsy & Traveller Site Selection Outline Feasibility Study Whitebirk, Intack Bus Depot
- Gypsy & Traveller Site Selection Outline Feasibility Study George Street West HWRC
- Gypsy & Traveller Site Selection Methodology
- Housing and Economic Needs Assessment Study
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan Draft Report
- Integrated Appraisal of Issues and Options
- Junction 5 M65 Strategic Employment Site - Capacity Study
- Junction 5 M65 Strategic Employment Site - Economic Case
- Junction 5 M65 Strategic Employment Site - Planning Case
- NE Blackburn Strategic Housing Site Development Framework
- NE Blackburn Strategic Housing Site - Flood Risk Assessment and Drainage Strategy
- NE Blackburn Strategic Housing Site - Heritage Review
- NE Blackburn Strategic Housing Site - Landscape Visual Appraisal
- NE Blackburn Strategic Housing Site - Level 2 Utilities Study
- NE Blackburn Strategic Housing Site - Phase I Geo-Environmental Desk Study
- NE Blackburn Strategic Housing Site - Preliminary Ecological Appraisal
- Plan Viability Study - baseline report Jan 2021
- Pupil Forecasts
- Pupil Forecasts - LEA Action Plan
- Queens Park Self Build Feasibility Study
- Retail and Leisure Study
- SFRA Level 1 - Draft Report
- SFRA Level 1 Appendix A - Planning Framework and Flood Risk Policy
- SFRA Level 1 Appendix B - SFRA Interactive Maps
(to view these interactive maps, please right click on the link, save onto your desktop and open using Adobe Acrobat)
- SFRA Level 1 Index Map for Appendix B
- SFRA Level 1 Appendix C - Development Site Assessment Spreadsheet
- SFRA Level 1 Appendix D - Functional Floodplain Delineation
- SFRA Level 1 Appendix E - Strategic Recommendations of the Potential Sites
- SFRA Level 1 Appendix F - Strategic Recommendation Figures
- SFRA Level 1 Appendix G - User Guide
- Site Assessment Methodology
- Strategic Landscape Character Appraisal
- Transport Study - Baseline Report
- Walking and Cycling Connectivity Study South East Blackburn
- Walking and Cycling Connectivity Study - Darwen
- Walking and Cycling Connectivity Study - North Blackburn
- Walking and Cycling Connectivity Study West Blackburn
- Previous consultation documents
Public consultation on a ‘Local Plan - Issues and Options Consultation’ paper took place between 11th February 2019 and 1st April 2019. This document set out the key matters the Council considered needed to be addressed as part of the Draft Local Plan.
A Consultation Report has been prepared which summarises the representations received and the Council’s response/action taken. Comments made during this consultation have helped to shape the policies and proposals set out in the Draft Local Plan.
The Issues and Options consultation document and accompanying Consultation Report can be accessed below:
- Next Steps
Consultation on the Draft Local Plan will end on Friday 19th February 2021.
The Council will consider all responses received during this consultation, and will continue working on its new Local Plan through 2021.
In response to consultation feedback, and potential Government planning reforms, the final plan may evolve from its present format. We aim to submit the Local Plan to the Government by the end of 2021, and hope to adopt it during 2022.