The library and information service encourages reading for adults and children across the borough, with lots of events and activities throughout the year. The emphasis is on reading for pleasure.
If you have got out of the habit of reading, or need to boost your confidence, try the Quick Reads collection. If you would like to start your own reading group, we can loan sets of novels for a small charge. Please contact us to find out more.
If you are a keen reader we run the following reading groups:
- Darwen Library Reading Group
- Meets on the second Monday of each month from 5.45pm to 6.45pm
- Livesey Library Book Club
- Meets on the second Monday of each month from 7.00pm to 8.00pm
- Books @ the pub
- Meets on the first Wednesday of each month from 6pm, and 7.30pm at the Postal Order pub on Darwen Street
- Tuesday Reading Group
- Meets every Tuesday morning from 10.15am to 11.45am at Blackburn Library.
- Fast, fun and incredibly effective, Whichbook offers a new and unique way of choosing your next book.
- Who else writes like?
- If the waiting list for the latest Lee Child book is too long, you can find out who else writes similar books. Or perhaps you've finished Henning Mankell but still need your fix of Scandinavian crime fiction.
- Time to read
- Information about books, authors and events in libraries across the North West.