New Directions provides independent and impartial careers information, advice and guidance to young people in Blackburn and Darwen.
We support 16-19 year olds (and up to 25 for those with a learning or physical disability) to access education, employment or training through a drop-in service (no appointment necessary).
We help young people by:
- Providing information, advice & guidance on courses, qualifications & careers
- Help young people find and apply for jobs and training
- Signpost to other partners/agencies for support around personal issues
- Monday 1300-1600: Audley and Queens Parks Children’s Centre,, Pringle Street, Blackburn, BB1 1SF
- Tuesday 1300-1600: Little Harwood Children’s Centre, Robinson Street, Blackburn, BB1 5PE
- Wednesday 1300-1600: Livesey Children's and All Age Centre, Andrew Street, Blackburn, BB2 4NU
- Wednesday 1300-1600: Shadsworth children's centre, Shadsworth Road, Blackburn, BB1 2HR
- Thursday 1300-1600: Higher Croft Children’s Centre, Fishmoor Drive, Blackburn, BB2 3UY
- Thursday 1300-1600: Darwen Town Hall, Croft Street, Darwen, BB3 1BQ
- Friday-1000-1200: Wensley Fold Children's Centre, Carnarvon Road, Blackburn, BB2 6NL
National Careers Service
National Careers Service provides independent and impartial careers information, advice and guidance to help those adults aged 19+ (18 if you are claiming Job Seekers’ Allowance) to make decisions on learning, training and work.
If you wish to improve your skills and qualifications or want general careers advice please make an appointment with one of our friendly, experienced and qualified advisers:
You can access this service if you live, study or travel to the borough or are already working in Blackburn or Darwen.
Telephone our help-line 01254 588891 or the centres below:
- Audley and Queens Parks Community Centre, Pringle Street, Blackburn, BB1 1SF 01254 507750
- Bank Top Community Learning Centre, Arthur Way, Blackburn BB2 1QP 01254 581175
We will provide a high quality, independent careers information, advice and guidance service, resulting in positive outcomes for all.
Aims and objectives
Blackburn with Darwen Adult Careers Service has high aspirations for all adults across the borough and will:
- Provide advice and guidance that is up-to-date, accessible, high quality independent and impartial
- Be open, honest and positive in our work with all partners, providers and adults.
- Work closely with learning and training providers and other partner agencies to raise awareness of local opportunities for all.
- Listen to your views to improve the service.