To get all the latest winter maintenance news on weather advice or our daily operations, please follow our one or both of our social media pages:
These pages is kept updated with all news and information on road related matters, including winter maintenance and gritting operations over the winter months.
The pages are kept updated 24/7 for winter maintenance related matters from October to March/April.
- Blackburn with Darwen Council provides a winter service from October through to March.
- Our staff work round the clock during the winter months to keep the roads clear.
- We monitor the weather closely and where temperatures are due to plummet below zero, we spread salt on the roads to prevent ice and snow forming.
- If snow settles, then the ploughs are used to clear the roads.
- Salt bins are also provided at certain locations to assist road users and residents on a self-help basis.