Find out all about Blackburn with Darwen libraries; how to borrow and renew books, magazines and digital media, loan and renewal charges.
Libraries reopening soon
Blackburn Library and Darwen Library will be re-opening soon on reduced hours.
We will have a limit on the number of people in the library and will be following social distancing and hygiene measures to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable.
- There will be a time limited use of PC’s for those people who require computer services. There will be no printing, scanning or photocopying facilities available for the time being.
- Book returns and selection
- ‘Call and Collect’ service
- Contact us by telephone or by email, tell us what you like to read and book a pick-up date and time. If you’re not sure what you’d like we can choose for you, based on your areas of interest or you can browse the online library catalogue for inspiration.
- On your agreed pick-up day we will call you to explain the call and collect process and confirm your pick-up can go ahead. Please don't travel to the library until we have contacted you to confirm your books are ready for collection.
- Collect your books from Blackburn or Darwen Library. Please be aware we are following strict social distancing guidelines and hygiene measures.
Children under the age of 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Please see individual libraries for a list of revised opening times.
Please call 01254 661221 to speak with a member of staff. E-resources available 24/7, free of charge.
All items have been automatically renewed until 3rd August.
If you don’t already have a library card, you can now get a temporary online library card number by registering.