The toy library is made up of a wide range of toys, games and resources for children, parents and carers, families and groups to borrow.
The toy library is based at Shadsworth children's centre.
Parents and carers can find out ideas for play and different resources to encourage child learning and development.
You can borrow up to 3 items at any one time, for a period of up to two week.
Please try to return items to the toy library during opening hours.
If this is not possible there will be boxes available at reception at Shadsworth children's centre, which can be used to drop off items. Ask staff on reception.
Everyone who wants to use the library has to become a member.
How to join the toy library
- Ask staff in the toy library for a UF1 form. This form needs to be completed in order to join the library.
- Ask a member of staff in the toy library if you need help to fill in the form.
- Once completed, your details will be registered and you can start to borrow resources.
- Parents, carers, grandparents, foster carers and childminders should complete the form with their own details.
- If you are based at a children's centre, school or any other type of provider or agency, please use the name of your setting, school or centre and the contact details.
The toy library is open from Monday to Friday from 8.45am to 4.45pm.
The toy library catalogue
There is a catalogue for toy library resources. This can be viewed at Shadsworth children's centre.
You can also ask to see a copy of the catalogue at any children's centre.
Tell us what you think
We welcome ideas and suggestions to help us improve how our customers use the service.
All feedback is welcome - please speak to staff in the toy library if you have any questions or comments about what you would like to see included in the toy library.