Help with noise problems

Before we take any action we usually recommend that you talk to your neighbours about the problems you are having with their noise, although there may be a reason why you feel unable to do this.

If you make your point in a way that’s calm and neighbourly, your neighbour is more likely to respond positively as they may be genuinely unaware that they are disturbing you and once you have told them you may find that the situation improves.

If this does not improve the situation and you are still disturbed by the level of noise coming from your neighbours, you need to consider contacting us to make a formal complaint.

By law the Council has to investigate noise nuisance if asked.

Report a problem with noise