Channel is a multi-agency safeguarding programme run in every local authority in England and Wales.
It works to support vulnerable people from being drawn into terrorism and provides a range of support such as mentoring, counselling, assistance with employment etc. Channel is about early intervention to protect vulnerable people from being drawn into committing terrorist-related activity and addresses all types of extremism.
Participation in Channel is voluntary. It is up to an individual, or their parents for children aged 17 and under, to decide whether to take up the support it offers. Channel does not lead to a criminal record.
If you have any concerns about someone and would like more advice ring:
- Local Authority Prevent team: 01254 585 260 / email Prevent.Team@Blackburn.gov.uk
- Police Prevent Team: Dial 101 and ask for the Prevent team
- If you think a threat is imminent call the police on 999
- Alternatively contact the police confidentially on the Anti-terrorist hotline 0800 789 321.
- Report your concerns to email@example.com.
Any information, advice or concern will be handled with sensitivity and where possible anonymity will be maintained. Referrals can be made directly to the email inbox by any individual or organisation and will be dealt with discretion.