Local Test and Trace service
- In the first instance the national NHS Test and Trace team will contact you if you have tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) to give advice and obtain details of anyone you’ve been in contact with.
- If the NHS Test and Trace team have been unable to contact you within 48 hours, your case will be passed to the Blackburn with Darwen Council Test and Trace team who will contact you.
- You'll be asked where you've been recently and who you've been in close contact with.
- This will help the NHS contact anyone who may have caught the virus from you.
- This service will be active from 8am - 8pm and would also include weekend contact if necessary
How Blackburn with Darwen Council Test and Trace will contact you
- You'll be contacted by text or phone.
- Text messages /Calls will come from 01254 585995
- Children under 18 will be contacted by phone wherever possible and asked for their parent or guardian's permission to continue the call.
- If we fail to contact you via text or phone a Blackburn with Darwen public protection officer and/ or another member of our partner services will be sent to your residence in person to contact you .
What will I be asked?
- Your name, date of birth and postcode
- If you live with other people
- Any places you've been recently, such as a workplace or school
- Names and contact details of any people you were in close contact with in the 48 hours before your symptoms started (if you know these details)
Blackburn with Darwen Council Test and Trace service will not:
- ask for bank details or payments
- ask for details of any other accounts, such as social media
- ask you to set up a password or PIN number over the phone
- ask you to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087
How your information will be used
- All information you provide to Blackburn with Darwen Council Test and Trace service is confidential.
- No one who is contacted will be told your identity.
- Anyone you've been in close contact with will be told to stay at home (self-isolate) for 14 days by the NHS. This is because it can take up to 14 days for coronavirus symptoms to appear.
What support services are available to me?
Blackburn with Darwen Council Help Hub service is available to all citizens 01254 588111