Any parent, legal guardian or person who has parental responsibility can arrange a naming ceremony.
Parents do not have to be married to arrange a naming ceremony.
Please contact us to discuss and arrange your requirements.
The ceremony can contain:
- an introduction and welcome
- the naming of the child(ren)
- parents' promises for the raising of their child
- chosen family or friends promises
- readings and music
- signing of the record of the ceremony
- presentation of gifts
- presentation of the certificate
- closing words.
You do not need to include every section in your ceremony - each section can be as simple or as complex as you wish.
Normally we allow around 30 minutes for the ceremony.
We currently offer ceremonies in the Northgate Suite, Blackburn and at any approved premise in the borough. Ceremonies take place Monday - Sunday including bank holidays.
Please see the list of registrars' fees.
The fee includes a commemorative certificate as a record of the ceremony