The Police and Crime Panel (PCP) have the power to scrutinise Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) activities, including the ability to review the Police and Crime Plan and annual report, request PCC papers and call PCCs and Chief Constable to public hearings. The PCP can also veto decisions on the local precept and the appointment of a new Chief Constable.
The panel is a joint committee made up of representatives from the 15 local authorities in the Lancashire Police Force area (see below) together with two independent co-opted members.
- Lancashire County Council
- Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
- Blackpool Council
- District Councils x 12
The Panel can exercise specific powers under the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011, and all other enabling powers, discharging its functions in accordance with the Policing Order 2011.
The panel's terms of reference will be available soon.
- Mohammed Khan OBE – Blackburn with Darwen
- Ivan Taylor – Blackpool
- Andrew Fewings – Burnley
- Alistair Bradley – Chorley
- Ben Aitken – Fylde
- Munsif Dad – Hyndburn
- Geoff Driver – Lancashire
- Alistair Sinclair – Lancaster
- David Whipp – Pendle
- Robert Boswell – Preston
- Simon Hore – Ribble Valley
- Steve Hughes – Rossendale
- Paul Foster – South Ribble
- Kevin Wright – West Lancs
- Roger Berry – Wyre
Dates for upcoming meetings and details for recent meetings are held on the Council's democracy website.