Freemen & freedom of the borough

Honorary Freemen of the county borough of Blackburn

  • HRH the Prince of Wales, K.G.: Conferred 4th April, 1888
  • Sir William Henry Hornby: Conferred 4th December, 1902
  • Alderman Henry Harrison: Conferred 3rd June, 1909
  • The Rt. Hon. the Viscount Morley of Blackburn, O.M.: Conferred 7th March, 1912
  • Sir William Coddington: Conferred 7th March, 1912
  • Mrs. Elma Amy Yerburgh: Conferred 5th September, 1935
  • Alderman George Brand Eddie, O.B.E.: Conferred 26th October, 1960
  • Alderman Robert Fallows Mottershead, C.B.E.: Conferred 18th November, 1965

The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment

  • Conferred on the East Lancashire Regiment on February 5, 1948, subsequently inherited by the Lancashire Regiment (Prince of Wales Volunteers) on November 6, 1958 and by the Queen's Lancashire Regiment on March 25, 1970 and by the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment on July 1, 2006.
  • The Rt. Hon. the Baroness Castle of Blackburn: Conferred 23rd November, 1979
  • Sir Charles Fletcher-Cooke, Q.C.: Conferred 23rd November, 1979
  • The Rt. Hon. the Lord Taylor of Blackburn C.B.E.: Conferred 2nd April, 1992
  • The Right Honourable Jack Straw: Conferred 1st October 2015

Honorary Freemen of the borough of Darwen

  • Alderman Timothy Lightbown: Conferred 3rd December, 1906
  • Dr. Andrew Carnegie: Conferred 3rd February, 1908
  • Alderman John Tomlinson: Conferred 2nd June, 1919
  • Alderman Alexander Thomas Eccles: Conferred 5th August, 1920
  • Alderman James Cocker: Conferred 5th August, 1920
  • Alderman Alexander Carus: Conferred 5th August, 1920
  • Alderman Thomas Walker Ainsworth Forrest, M.B.E.: Conferred 6th October, 1930
  • Alderman Thomas Edward Holgate: Conferred 4th June, 1936
  • Alderman Walter Worth: Conferred 4th April, 1938
  • Alderman Roger Marsden: Conferred 30th April, 1947
  • Alderman Walter Knowles: Conferred 4th May, 1950
  • Alderman Lady Hindle: Conferred 6th March, 1958
  • Alderman James Braithwaite: Conferred 26th February, 1962
  • Alderman Edwin Yates: Conferred 8th October, 1970