The Corporate plan 2019-2023 was agreed by elected members in March 2019 and sets out the Council’s eight priorities for the next four years.
We believe our Corporate Plan will enable all of our residents to achieve a good quality of life in a vibrant and thriving place, with strong community values and an inclusive society.
The plan is for everyone – councillors, staff, partners, residents, businesses – who can support the Council in being the best it can possibly be.
The plan has eight strategic priorities:
- Supporting young people and raising aspirations
- Safeguarding and supporting the most vulnerable people
- Reducing health inequalities and improving health outcomes
- Connected communities
- Safe and clean environment
- Strong economy to enable social mobility
- Supporting our town centres and businesses
- Transparent and effective organisation
The new plan is informed by several key pieces of work and activity including Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA), LGA Peer Review held in December 2018, a partnership summit, the 2018 residents survey and independent economic analysis.
The plan reflects what the Council wants to achieve for residents and businesses and will help inform policy and budget decisions, as well as supporting bids for external funding.
A new performance framework is being developed which will set out how the Council is performing against its eight priorities.
Further information on this will be available from December 2019.