Consumer credit licensing

Service information

Businesses that are intending to offer their customers goods on credit terms, or on long term hire, must apply for a consumer credit licence.

Advice and application forms for licences can be obtained from the Office of Fair Trading.

Advice to businesses is also available on the ERWIN website, this is recommended as the first port of call for businesses seeking advice on trading standards legislation.

Lending money without a credit licence is illegal, and illegal loan sharks can be reported online.

Contact details

Mail Public Protection Service, White Dove Offices, Davyfield Road, Blackburn. BB1 2LX
Phone Number(s) Consumer Advice 0345 4040506 | Consumer Protection 01254 267677 General enquiries and Business Advice Requests only (not for consumer advice)
Fax Number(s) 01254 267672
Extra Information
We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Show ACCEPT COOKIES / DECLINE COOKIES option